The Movember That Was
Movember is over, and what began with a bang ended with a KABOOM. When it came time to let our upper lips breathe free again, our dad blogger team had raised over $19,000! And as if that weren’t enough, we were able to partner with Philips Norelco, who created the Stachetacular Shave-Off and donated $15,000 to our fundraising efforts! To everyone who joined the team, and who supported it with donations, posts, tweets, status updates, thank you. This is was a huge group effort, and you all helped create something truly remarkable.
Our First Round of Speaker Announcements!
As promised, we’re ready to announce the first 20 speakers who will be appearing at the Dad 2.0 Summit:
- Mike Adamick | MikeAdamick.com
- Jon Armstrong | Blurbomat.com
- Megan Berry | Senior Marketing Manager, Klout
- Doug Block | Writer/Director, “The Kids Grow Up”
- Kristen Chase | Publisher and CEO, Cool Mom Picks & Cool Mom Tech
- Ken Denmead | Editor, Geek Dad
- Bruce Fretts | Articles Editor, TV Guide Magazine
- Caleb Gardner | Edelman Digital
- Rufus Griscom | CEO, Babble.com
- Whit Honea | WhitHonea.com
- Jim Higley | Bobblehead Dad
- Andy Hinds | Beta Dad
- Anne S. Lewis | Film Journalist
- Frederick Marx | Writer/Director, “Boys Become Men”
- Julie Marsh | VP of Operations, Cool Mom Picks & Cool Mom Tech
- Stacy Morrison | Editor-in-Chief, BlogHer.com
- Michael Spohr | The Spohrs Are Multiplying
- Dave Taylor | AskDaveTaylor.com
- Karen Walrond | Author, “The Beauty of Different”
- Danielle Wiley | Principal, Sway Group
We’re very excited to welcome such a diverse and accomplished blend of writers and media professionals slated to lead our conversation about how dads are rewriting our roles, both in our families and among the parent blogging community. And we’re just getting started! We’re still finalizing our content schedule, and we’ll announce the next wave of speakers soon after the new year.
Get Your Pass, and Save Some Cash
Tickets and rooms are going briskly, so if you haven’t booked passage to Dad 2.0, Seize the Now. Our Early Bird rate of $299 will be in effect through the end of the year—and remember when you subscribe to our newsletter you will be able to shave 10% off of that. Sign up now! It makes a great holiday gift for the dad blogger in your life.
Rooms At The Inn
One thing we can’t emphasize enough: the block of rooms we’ve reserved at our super-discounted rate of $199 will sell out. We’ve added spillover nights on Wednesday, March 7, and Sunday, March 11, and they’re already almost gone. If you going to Dad 2.0, you want to stay at this resort; otherwise, you’ll have to stay a ways down the road, and you’ll need a car to get there. Once you register, we’ll send you the URL to our booking site so you can reserve your room. After such full days of programming and fun, you are not going to want to have to drive home.
Roommates At the Inn
For those of you who have asked about finding roommates, we’re happy to announce that we’ve created a private Facebook group for attendees to use to get to know each other before the event arrives. After you register, you can request to join our private Dad 2.0 Summit 2012 group. Once you’ve joined, introduce yourself! It’ll be a great tool for coordinating travel, meeting other attendees, and reconnecting with conference buddies.
The Summit Is Coming; It’s Practically Here!
As the cold descends upon us (and it’s everywhere—even Austinites are scraping frost off their windshields!), we’re starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling about how great this conference is going to be. The people, the venue, the discussion—it’s less than three months away! We’re thankful for all the great news we’ve been able to share with you over the past weeks, and excited for what the new year will bring.
Best wishes for a happy and safe holiday, and we’ll catch you back in 2012!
Team Dad 2.0