After much fanfare and foodfare, and lots of fastidious, painstaking, culinary scrutiny from the ReadySetEat Test Kitchen, the semifinalists for the Great Dad Cook-Off are set! Each of these men submitted a recipe that comprises seven ingredients or fewer and can be prepped and cooked in 30 minutes, because we’re not all gourmets. When we dads cook for our kids on a typical weekday night, we’re interested in nutritional, convenient meals at which our kids won’t wrinkle their noses.
And here they are!
- Mike Adamick | Bibim ‘Papa’
- Jim Higley | Peter Pan Pasta: Chicken Satay with Sesame Noodles and Veggies
- Andy Hinds | Zesty Panko Schnitzel
- R.J. Jaramillo | Pizza Chicken Nuggets
- Christopher Lewis | Red, White, & Bean
- Robert Rosenthal | KnockWurst Your Socks Off
- Jason Sperber | Teriyaki Salmon with Kale Mashed Potatoes
- George Teh | Italian Restaurant-Style Spaghetti Dinner
Now, the ball is in your court. (Or better, the fork is in your hand.) Each of these men has won a free full-conference pass to Dad 2.013, but you get to decide who will get free airfare to and from Houston and a free room at the Four Seasons, and who will compete LIVE for the Big Grand Prize at the Dad 2.013 Welcome Party on Thursday, January 31st!
All the recipes are listed here, on the ReadySetEat Facebook page, along with the means to vote. You can vote as often as you like (limited to once per day) until the polls close on Monday, January 14. (Voting will be transparent, and shenanigans could lead to disqualification–remember, the Chairman is watching!) So try all the recipes, vote for your favorites, and Good Luck to all!