This year, New Orleans wants to do more than merely welcome us with open arms. They want to bring us back to do it again.
The New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau is starting off with a one-hour photo/walking tour (co-sponsored by Starbucks) on today at 3:30pm. But then, there’s this other matter of the amazing tourism package the CVB wants to give away, which includes:
- Three-night hotel stay in a deluxe room at JW Marriott
- Four passes to the Audubon Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium;
- Four passes to the Steamboat Natchez harbor cruise;
- Four passes French QuarTour Kids;
- Four passes to the Louisiana Children’s Museum;
- Four passes to the National World War II Museum;
- A $100 gift card to Mulate’s;
- A gift certificate for breakfast or lunch for four at Café Beignet; AND
- A gift certificate to Café du Monde.
All this is valued at over $3,000. Amazing, right?
All you have to do to be eligible to win it is to tweet a message about visiting New Orleans with your family and use the #Dad2NOLA hashtag. (Where you’d like to take your kids, etc.) The entry deadline is Sunday, Feb. 2, at 11:59pm CST, and a random winner will be notified on Tuesday, Feb. 11.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- ELIGIBILITY: New Orleans Family Vacation Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules”.
- GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. CST on 1/30/2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 2/10/2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Sweepstakes by tweeting using the #Dad2NOLA official hashtag with a message about visiting New Orleans with their family during the Sweepstakes Period:
- PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and the potential Grand Prize Winner(s) by accepting the Grand Prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Grand Prize Winner.
- 5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: A total of one (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about 2/10/2014 and receive a Prize consisting of: Three night hotel stay in a deluxe room at JW Marriott Four passes to the Audubon Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium; Four passes to the Steamboat Natchez harbor cruise; Four passes French QuarTour Kids; Four passes to the Louisiana Children’s Museum; Four passes to the National World War II Museum; $100 gift card to Mulate’s; Gift certificate for Café Beignet, breakfast or lunch of choice for 4 people $40 value; Gift Certificate to Café du Monde. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize estimated at $3,124. If actual Prize value is lower than the stated ARV, then any difference in the value will not be awarded. Any and all costs not expressly stated within this description are the responsibility of the Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize Winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries that took the required actions during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Prize Winner(s) will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the Sweepstakes entry form. NOCVB, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding, will conduct the drawing. At the sole discretion of NOCVB, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to email notification within one (1) week after its transmission; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential Winner’s failure to provide NOCVB with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; (5) a potential Winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by 3/1/2014; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, NOCVB may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
- TAXES: All taxes on the prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a prize not listed in these rules, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All prizes will be awarded, provided that they are validly claimed by 3/1/2014, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
- GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sweepstakes Entities, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the NOCVB which, in the sole opinion of NOCVB, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway (or portion thereof), NOCVB reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway (or portion thereof). NOCVB also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any NOCVB property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
- PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Louisiana without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Louisiana. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “#Dad2NOLA Sweepstakes” c/o NOCVB, 2020 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130. Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.