As we’ve maintained from the beginning, this is your conference. And we’re so very grateful to the speakers who’ve come to Dad 2.0 over the years (check out the roll calls for 2012, 2013, and 2014) to lend their expertise and inspire all of us to be better and do more.
Once again, it’s your turn to weigh in. Tell us what you want to take away from Dad 2.015, and who you think is best qualified to give it (especially if that’s you). Our Speaker Form will be live until midnight ET on Tuesday, September 30, so that gives you 16 days to formulate your ideas. And as you formulate, here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- See where we’ve been. Our breakout sessions for the previous three years are listed here, here, and here. We realize that some topics are evergreen and worthy of our attention, but we want to avoid carbon copies. If you want to revisit a topic, be sure to tell us what’s changed, and how to update the conversation.
- How big is your audience? Sessions at Dad 2.0 run from broad audiences (keynotes, TEDnite presentations) to the narrow (workshops). When pitching your idea, please try to add the format(s) in which it might fit best.
- We run the gamut. We talk a lot about professional blogging and connecting with brands to create content marketing campaigns. But we also know that before you create a salable online property and/or become a tech whiz, you have to find your groove as a writer, as a father, and as a man. Subject matter over this complete spectrum is welcome.
- Think specific. Rather than suggest a broad idea such as “working with brands,” talk about a particular triumph or challenge you experienced within that relationship, and why that experience was valuable.
- We encourage new voices. If you haven’t pitched an idea before, we especially want to hear from you. We thrive on new faces and perspectives.
- No need to reinvent the wheel. Plenty of people have successfully pitched before you, so ask around. Avail yourself of the community, and they won’t steer you wrong.
>The fourth annual Dad 2.0 Summit is only 157 days away! And if you’re a fan of baseball, you know that the fourth spot in the lineup is reserved for the Big Stick, the cleanup hitter, the guy who can crush a hanging curveball into the bleachers. That’s how we’re looking at Dad 2.015. The previous three Summits have loaded up the bases, and now our cleanup hitter is making his way to the batter’s box, ready to knock one out of the park.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Whether you’ve attended every Summit, or 2015 will be your first, there’s no better time to step up to the plate!