Last year’s Roundtable Workshops were such a hit last year, we’re bringing them back–with an added twist!
This year, the overall session will last 90 minutes, from 3:30pm to 5:00pm on Friday afternoon. There will be nine tables set up, and you’ll be able to attend four of them, for 20 minutes each. And here are our 2015 Roundtable moderators and topics:
- Teenagers and Online Safety | Dave Taylor
- Editing Your Story: The Art of the Second Thought | Carter Gaddis
- Affiliate Marketing | Whitney Moss
- SEO Tools and Strategies for Keyword Research | John Kinnear
- Podcasting | Benjamin Mullen
- Adapting Traditional Media to the Digital World | Armin Brott
- Maximizing WordPress for Search and Social | Adam Cohen
- How To Get Involved With Mentoring | Iram Jabbar & Carolyn Frey
- Corporate Social Responsibility (brought to you by Kia) | Derreck Kayongo & Scott McKey
New this year: UX Sessions!
This year’s additional fun comes in the form of User Experience (UX) sessions, brought to you by PicMonkey and RYOBI Power Tools! Each will last 40 minutes and concur with roundtable sessions 1&2 (3:30pm – 4:10pm) and 3&4 (4:20pm to 5:00pm), be limited to 25 attendees, and offer individual, hands-on assistance in using some really cool products:
- For the PicMonkey sessions (Cornell meeting room), you’ll get comprehensive know-how of insider tips and tricks, as well as best practices around design and photo editing, pulled from the crackerjack team at PicMonkey HQ. So bring a project (perhaps from the Thursday afternoon Photo Walk), or we’ll give you a a starter so we can give you specific and actionable assistance. All attendees will receive a free upgrade for PicMonkey Royale service, and one lucky attendee at each session, chosen by random drawing, will win a pair of Bose QuietComfort 25 acoustic noise-canceling headphones! [To attend this session, sign up here.]
The RYOBI Power Tools team (in the Stanford meeting room) is excited to introduce you to the top 18V power tool system in the country, the RYOBI ONE+! You’ll learn about core power tool usage and the latest products, and then you’ll use your new skills to make your own beverage/condiment caddy! And then, as if spewing sawdust all over a hotel conference room weren’t enough, each attendee will receive RYOBI’s best-selling drill kit! [To attend this session, sign up here.]
Attending these UX events requires a free sign-up, and tickets are expected to go really fast. So sign up now, while spaces last! (Tickets are restricted to one per person, and only registered attendees of Dad 2.015 are eligible.)
And now, when you plan your Friday afternoon, you follow any number of permutations:
- You can attend four roundtables, or one roundtable four times, or any other combination thereof.
- You can attend two roundtables and one UX session.
- You can attend both UX sessions.
Or, you can take a breather until the Dove Men+Care wine tasting at 5pm and the LEGO®/Lucasfilm event at 6pm. Whatever you choose, get ready for a great afternoon of tangible takeaways and prizes, followed by an exciting night in San Francisco!