A week ago, we were all settling into the Dove Men+Care Ballroom to hear a conversation about fatherhood between Dr. Wizdom Powell, a professor specializing in male health research, and fitness entrepreneur Shaun T, who is one of the warmest, most friendly and jovial new dads you’ll ever meet.
It was the perfect way to launch Dad 2.019’s programming, and after it culminated in the main stage recording of Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast with the very sociable Rhys Darby, it’s hard to encapsulate all the Vitalizing Wow that came between. Our best attempt may be summed up by Jonathan Oliver‘s collage (see top).
We’re still tired. But also energized. So very, very energized.
This year, our Sponsors wowed and were wowed in return. The programming sessions were well received. Each of our ThreeNoters received a standing O. Even the weather cooperated, setting a new warmth record of 73 sunny degrees.
And the social media results were the most encouraging of all, since the collective energy that the Dad 2.0 Summit community sent out into the world made 588 million impressions!
(That’s more than Monet and Degas combined!)
(And that is a dad joke, the art of which was discussed in great detail.)
We’re very humbled by the experience of and response to Dad 2.019, very proud of all that the community has put in motion, and very grateful to all who endured all sorts of travel mayhem to join us.
We enjoy hearing your thoughts, too, and look forward to your blog posts, videos and social shares in which you share said thoughts, socially. Share like the wind.
Thanks for everything, Dad 2.0 Summit attendees!
IN THE NEWS
“Post to lose followers.” The people who stay will be the people you want to communicate with, anyway.
“How could I tell my kids to do what they believed in if I wasn’t doing it myself?”
“I don’t want any of you to miss out on your children’s lives because you’re hung up on pronouns or having trouble accepting who they are.”
“He recalls giving his dad his last bath. Tears and standing ovation.”
“Nonverbal love is the best kind of love.”
- “So, yeah, I think they’re victims. Victims of their own stupidity, stubbornness, and prejudices.” – Staci Salazar; I’ve Found My People at Dad 2.0 Summit
- “As a Latino father, I had an opportunity to bond with other dads on issues regarding cultural identity as a Latin-American.” – Marlon Gutierrez; Reflections from Attending the Dad 2.0 Summit
- “Dove [Men+Care] is working to make Paternity Leave part of the fabric of our society, and remove the stigma attached it.” – Adam Gertsacov; Dad 2.0 2019 San Antonio: Takeaways!
- “We’re just a bunch of queer heathens that like to have kids.” – Nick North with Joe Shaw; Learned Behavior (Ft. Nick North)
- “When you’re at a dad blogger conference, you actually spend a lot of time thinking about your kids, and you really want to see them again.” – Cort Ruddy; The Long Way Home
BONUS POSTS! 2019 DAD BLOGGER SPOTLIGHTS
- “I scrubbed his back, he could not see me cry; ‘ere said goodbye to father, counsel, friend.” – David Stanley, Sonnet For My Father
- “As a parent, you know there are going to be days that just pull the carpet out from under your feet. The thing you do not know is when that day is going to happen, and how you are going to react.” – Victor Aragon, I have never felt so helpless in all my life!
- “With proper use of vagueness and big words, anyone can sound like they’re an expert on theoretical mathematics. Parenting is not quite so easy.” – Cort Ruddy, The Chaos Theory of Parenting
- “I guarantee that after 5 or 6 protein bars, everyone can smell what the Rock is cookin’.” – Jason Greene, My Bid To Be The Sexiest Man Alive
- “She got her victory. But, this competition awoke something in her, and she also let me know that she could improve and do better next year.” – Adam Cherepski, Derby Day
‘GRAM OF THE WEEK
Do you receive the Dad 2.0 Summit Newsletter? You should! In it we share all kinds of information and news about the Dad 2.0 Summit. Add it to your inbox! It’s the perfect way to start planning your trip to San Antonio.
Share your traditions of fatherhood news or stories that you would like to share you can find us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Snapchat using the #FOF hashtag! And now we’re on Medium!
Top photo: Michael Cummings