In the first podcast of Season 2, Jeff and Doug ruminate about the weird Spring we all have ahead of us. Our community spends a lot of time and energy figuring out how to balance our work and home lives, and now they’ve been mashed together like a PB&J sandwich in the bottom of your kid’s backpack.
How are we coping? How are we using the time? And where do we want to be when normal life returns?
Plus: Pandemics are great for teaching your kid to drive on the highway, traveling on a cruise ship on high virus alert, and the joys of stress-cleaning.
Links you can use:
- Daniel McNeil’s first article about the coronavirus, posted in the New York Times on January 8.
- His follow-up interviews with Rachel Maddow on February 28 and March 12.
- ThreeNoter Dan Kois‘s piece for Slate: America Is a Sham.
- The Wikipedia page for the Spanish flu that hit a century ago.
- New York governor Andrew Cuomo “is the control freak we need right now.”
- Epidemiologist Michael Osterholm on the Joe Rogan Experience.