On Memorial Day, Jeff and I are feeling thankful for the power of social media to connect us with the creators who make the things we rely on while Quarantine Life lingers.
So we list a ton of things we’re glad exist, and we resolve to shout-out to their makers on social, using the #GratitudeClub hashtag. Because you never know how far your simple thank-you will ripple outward, and maybe offer encouragement to someone who really needs it.
Plus: Why do we wear clothes, anyway?
Links we’re thankful for:
- Decades and BUZZR networks
- Gordi on Spotify (and her song, “Something Like This“)
- The 99% Invisible podcast and producer Avery Trufelman
- Author and Dartmouth College professor Peter Orner
- Kelly Wickham Hurst (creator of Being Black At School) has a Zoom chat with Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “Secret Santa” on CBS Sunday Morning
- Will Shortz, the ultimate puzzle master
- Emily Cox and Henry Rathvon, creator of the NYT’s biweekly acrostic puzzles
- The representative climate science debate on Last Week Tonight
- How the Streisand Effect got its name
- Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
- Social Media North starts today!
- Jelle’s Marble Runs has over a million subs on YouTube