Roberto Santiago first became known in the Dad 2.0 Community when he read a Spotlight post about caring for a child born with complete bilateral cleft lip and palate. That experience, of learning how to teach your kids to find comfort in their own skin, has been especially valuable now that his two oldest children have come out as nonbinary.
We talk prejudices and pronouns, how to untangle sexual orientation from gender identity, how he and his wife encourage community and “social transitioning,” and how to tell the difference between Drew Brees and J.K. Rowling.
- Fatherhood on Friday, which announced Dad 2.0 Digital
- Roberto on Twitter and Instagram
- Beauty, read as a Spotlight at Dad 2.016
- Five People, Four Sets of Pronouns, which introduces his podcast
- A “complete breakdown” of J.K. Rowling’s transgender comments
- Discussing allyship and Drew Brees with Creed Anthony
- Who is Jeff Gillooly?
- Orson Scott Card: Friend, Mentor, Bigot
- The Onion: Study Finds Every Style Of Parenting Produces Disturbed, Miserable Adults …
- … and Miracle of Birth Occurs For 83 Billionth Time