After he became a work-at-home dad in the early ’90s, David Stanley began his career of pitching writing and voice-over projects that he synthesized into his brilliant Masterpitch Theatre workshop at Dad 2.0 Digital. He has great advice about how to catch someone’s eye, how to be courteously persistent, and how to convert the inevitable rejections into greater motivation.
He has also developed an abiding talent for sonnets since his father died, as anyone who saw him deliver the opening Dad Blogger Spotlight at Dad 2.019 will attest. We talk about how parenting never ends, his resemblance to Mike Mills, and his plans for Sonnetember 2021.
- Follow David on Twitter and Instagram
- Rants and Mutters, David’s personal blog
- David delivers the opening Dad Blogger Spotlight at Dad 2.019 in San Antonio
- “I Stand,” his latest sonnet about social justice
- Highway 61 Revisited, by Bob Dylan
- Roger Maris hits a then-record 61 home runs in 1961