Before co-founding City Dads Group, Matt Schneider and Lance Somerfeld were enrolled in extreme parenthood training as elementary school teachers in the South Bronx. Since 2008, they’ve built their two-person weekly meetups into a network of 20,000 dads in 41 North American cities, creating opportunities for fathers of every type to gather and share experiences.
We talk about the strategies behind their brand relationships, the challenges they’ve faced as “flex-caregivers” during lockdown, and the weird feeling of visiting museums with your kids and feeling like an exhibit.
- The burgundy Dad 2.0 t-shirt from 2020.
- T-shirts from San Antonio (2019) and San Diego (2017).
- The Modern Dads podcast launches Season 7, with James Lopez and Kenneth Kellogg
- Squat For Change, started by Donte Palmer (who guests on Episode 70)
- Maslow’s Pyramid of Needs
- Margaret and Amy from the What Fresh Hell podcast guested on Episode 55