For 26 years, journalist Matt Villano has built his freelance writing career by pursuing true stories, standing up for marginalized voices, and occasionally dressing up as a humongous wine bottle. He also chronicles road trips with his three daughters, in whom he hopes to instill his commitment to kindness, integrity, and service.
We talk about how to build relationships with editors, how quarantine forced him to rethink what exploration means, and why his kids call him “Matty Magic.” And why doesn’t the game of Life have purple pegs?
- Follow Matt on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow Matt’s dad on Twitter and Linked In
- Yay! Two Christmases!
- Check out the Parenting Journalists conference
- Podcast interviews with Jordan Shapiro and Derreck Kayongo
- Matt’s interview with The Writer’s Co-op
- How to conquer four common road-trip challenges with kids
- Peter Shankman speaking at Dad 2.014 about his book Nice Companies Finish First
- Matt’s family travel site, Wondering Pod
- The Russian River in California
- For the younger people: Indigo Girls and Lilith Fair