In 2008, before the influencing Earth cooled, John Andrews and Ted Rubin came together over a radical new idea to involve bloggers in marketing campaigns. Their new book, Retail Relevancy, offers strategies based on 14 years of research, common sense, and lessons learned to help brands convert content to commerce.
We talk about content marketing’s humble beginnings (in print!), the myth of large followings, and how influencers of any size can find their place at the table.
- Follow John on Twitter and Instagram.
- Follow Ted on Twitter and Twitter and Twitter and Instagram and Instagram.
- Ted’s presentation at Dad 2.013 in Houston, and John’s panel discussion at Dad 2.020 in DC
- A look back at the Path app
- Collective Bias and Prevailing Path
- Dad 2.0 flight glasses
- The Crunkleton, in Chapel Hill, NC
- It’s the year of nano-influencers, as it was in 2019 and in 2018 and in 2017 and in 2016 and in 2014 and in 2013.